PPA Announces $5 Snow Emergency Garage Parking Rate
(PHILADELPHIA) – In response to the City’s Snow Emergency which is set to begin at 6 PM tonight, the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) announced that beginning at 5:00 PM today – Monday, January 26, 2015, the following PPA owned and operated center city garages will charge a flat twenty-four hour $5.00 parking rate until 8 AM Wednesday.
- AutoPark at Independence Mall (5th & Market Streets)
- AutoPark at Jefferson (10th & Ludlow Streets)
- AutoPark at the Gallery (10th & Filbert Streets)
- Auto Park at Old City (2nd & Sansom Streets)
- Auto Park at 8th & Filbert Streets (801 Filbert Street)
- Philadelphia Family Court Garage (1503-11 Arch Street – Going south on 15th Street, enter the garage on the west side just after 15th & Cherry St.)
To receive the discounted $5 rate, customers must bring their ticket & pay at the PPA Management Office in each garage.
During this snow emergency, the PPA will enforce all snow emergency and safety violations. Meter and time limit violations will not be enforced until the snow emergency is lifted.
Additionally, the PPA announced that beginning at 6:00 PM tonight, it will begin ticketing and towing all vehicles that are parked illegally on snow emergency routes.