How to Renew Residential Parking Permits Online
If you have a Residential Parking Permit (RPP), chances are you’ve had to take a trip down to our permit office at 35 North 8th Street to renew it. Welp, here’s some good news: You no longer have to make the trip to renew your permit.
Instead of driving or walking to our permit office, you can renew your RPP from the comfort of your own home.
Let’s cut to the chase: you can renew your RPP online.
A few things to keep in mind though:
- You must reside at a residence within a residential parking district.
- If you have three or more outstanding parking tickets or Red Light Camera violations, you will not be eligible to purchase or renew your parking permit. If you have three or more outstanding parking violations, payments can be made here.
- At the current time, you may only use this site if you have an existing residential permit account. To renew your RPP or to request a permit for an additional vehicle, you must use your existing account number. Your account number can be found on the renewal notice mailed to your address of residency.
- You will be asked to provide proof of residence, vehicle registration and insurance. All documents must be at the same address within the residential permit parking district. Proof of residence can include:
- Utility Bill
- Driver’s License
- Housing Lease (must be signed and dated within one year)
- The vehicle registration requirement can be waived if you drive a company car (including a leased company car), or if you are in the military service.
Note: There is a $3.50 processing fee for online permit renewals and ticket payments.
You cannot utilize the online application if you are replacing an existing RPP for any of the following reason(s).
- Your plate changed:
- New plate; same vehicle
- New vehicle; new plate
- Stolen plate
- You moved to a different residence:
- New residence; same district area
- New residence; different district area
The cost for a replacement permit is only $10.00 and you must provide proof of residence, vehicle registration and insurance, (all documents must have updated information). You can either download an RPP application here, or visit us at 35 N. 8th Street during the below hours:
Monday: 8:30AM – 4PM
Tuesday: 8:30AM – 4PM
Wednesday: 8:30AM – 4PM
Thursday: 8:30AM – 7PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 4PM
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED