All applicants for driver certification must be able to sufficiently speak in the English language to communicate with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries and to make verifiable entries on reports and records (see 52 Pa. Code §§ 1021.4 & 1057.4). Therefore, an application for new driver certification (DR-1) may only be filed upon proving proficiency in the English language.
1. All persons applying for new driver certification must first prove their ability to sufficiently speak in the English Language. English Proficiency examinations will only be given Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. The English Proficiency examinations are administered at the TLD’s main entrance.
2. Only after passing an English Proficiency Examination, may a person file a New Driver Certificate Application (DR-1) at the TLD Customer Service Window. The TLD Customer Service Window will only accept the filing of a DR-1 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 Noon.
This process applies to all DR-1 new driver certificate applications, regardless of the classification (taxicab, limousine or dual certification). If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact the TLD at (215) 683-9895 or at email@example.com.
Driver Test Results
- Test results will be posted on the PPA’s website after 5 p.m. on the date of the test.
- If you pass the test, you may appear at the TLD Customer Service Window at 2415 S. Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 after 1 p.m. on the following day to finish the process to obtain your driver certificate.
- If you did not pass the test, you must appear at the TLD Customer Service Window or contact the TLD Administration at (215) 683-9434.
- Please remember that you only have 3 attempts to pass the test within 90 days from the date of the application or it will be voided.
Thank you and Good Luck!