The TLD Customer Service Window will close at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 21, 2015 for staff training. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The TLD Customer Service Window normal hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
A MESSAGE TO PPA CERTIFIED DRIVERS
As you are probably aware, on October 17, 2014, “UberX” knowingly and intentionally began operations in Philadelphia without acquiring the proper certifications and in violation of the law. On January 29, 2015 “Lyft” also chose to violate the law and began operations in Philadelphia without proper certifications. PPA Certified drivers need to be aware that the TLD Enforcement department has identified several PPA certified drivers providing illegal service through the use on the UberX and Lyft smart phone apps. Those drivers have been placed out of service and were issued fines. In addition, we are seeking revocation of their PPA driver certificates. Don’t think it can’t happen to you. We have impounded 60 vehicles thus far for providing this type of service. Are you next?
REPORT “UberX” and “Lyft” VEHICLES
Call the PPA-TLD complaint line at 215-683-9440 and provide the license plate number, location and vehicle description.
Email TLDEnforcement@philapark.org and include the license plate number, location and vehicle description.
A MESSAGE TO GEGEN/UberBlack DRIVERS
Notice to all Industry Members
All applicants for driver certification must be able to sufficiently speak in the English language to communicate with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries and to make verifiable entries on reports and records (see 52 Pa. Code §§ 1021.4 & 1057.4). Therefore, an application for new driver certification (DR-1) may only be filed upon proving proficiency in the English language. The DR-1 along with all other driver certification forms are located on the “Resources and Forms” page.
1. All persons applying for new driver certification must first prove their ability to sufficiently speak in the English Language. English Proficiency examinations will only be administered Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
2. Only after passing an English Proficiency Examination, may a person file a New Driver Certificate Application (DR-1) at the TLD Customer Service Window. The TLD Customer Service Window will only accept the filing of a DR-1 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
3. NOTE: On dates scheduled for medallion sales beginning on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 and every Wednesday thereafter through July, English Proficiency examinations will be administered after 12:00 p.m. and DR-1 applications may be filed at the TLD Customer Service Window until 4:30 p.m.
This process applies to all DR-1 new driver certificate applications, regardless of the classification (taxicab, limousine or dual certification). If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact the TLD at (215) 683-9895 or at TLDAdmin@philapark.org.
2015 WAV Driver Training Schedule Download
All WAV (wheelchair accessible vehicle) taxicabs must be operated by a certificated WAV taxicab driver. The TLD Administration Department is currently accepting no more than 192 WAV Driver Applications (DR-4) on a first-come, first-served basis until the regulatory cap is reached. The DR-4 application is located on the “Resources and Forms” page. The 2015 WAV Driver Training Schedule will be subject to change once the cap is reached. Continue to look back to this website page for current information. Below is a list of taxicab drivers who have successfully completed WAV driver training.
Test results will be posted on the website after 5 p.m. on the date of the test. If you pass the test, you may appear at the TLD Customer Service Window at 2415 S. Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 after 1 p.m. the following business day to finish the process to obtain your driver certificate. All new driver applicants must submit the DR-2 Medical Form before a certificate will be issued. Please remember that you only have 3 attempts within 90 days from the filing date of the application to pass the test and be issued a certificate or the application will be voided. You cannot provide any taxicab, WAV taxicab or limousine service in Philadelphia until the proper certificate has been issued to you. All questions concerning driver certification may be directed to TLD Administration at TLDAdmin@philapark.org or by calling TLD Customer Service at (215) 683-9895.
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday, Sept.1, 2015
- DRC Taxicab (Night) Test Results Thursday, August 27, 2015
- DRC WAV Driver Training Results for Thursday, August 27, 2015
- DRC Limo Test For Thursday, August 27, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday, August 25th, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Saturday, August 22, 2015
- TLD WAV Certification Class Results For Wednesday, August 19, 2015
- Limo DriverTest List For Tuesday August. 19th 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results For Wednesday, August. 12th 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results For Tuesday, August, 11th 2015
- Limo Driver Test Tuesday 8.11.15
- Limousine Driver Test Tuesday Morning 8.4.15
- WAV Driver Training Class 7-30-15DRC Taxicab Night Class Test Results, July 30th, 2015
- Limo DriverTest List For Thursday July 30th, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday July 28, 2015
- WAV Driver Certification Class Results for Wednesday, 7-22-15
- DRC Limo Test Results For Wednesday July 22, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday, July 21, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Saturday, July 18, 2015
- DRC Test Results for taxi class ending 7-16-15
- DRC Limo Test Results for 7-15-15
- DRC Limo Test Results For Wednesday July 07, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday, July 07, 2015
- DRC Limousine Driver Thursday Morning Test July 2, 2015
- DRC Limousine Driver Tuesday Morning Test for June 30, 2015
- Taxicab Test for Thurs June 25th, 2015
- DRC Limousine Test Results for Tuesday 06.23.2015
- DRC Limousine Test Results for 06.20.2015
- WAV DRC Test Results 6.16.15
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday 06.16.2015
- Taxicab Test for Thursday June 11 2015
- DRC Limousine Test Results for June 10, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday, 6/09/15
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday 06.04.15
- DRC Limo Test Results for Tuesday 06.02.15
- DRC Test Results LIMO for Thursday, May 28, 2015
- DRC Limo Test Results for Wednesday for 05.27.15
- DRC Limo Test Results May 19, 2015
- DRC Test Results Limo Saturday May 16, 2015
- Taxicab Test Class May 15, 2015
- DRC Class Taxicab Results for 5-07-15
- DRC Test Results Limo for May 6, 2015
- DRC Test Results Limo for May 5, 2015