A Message to Gegen/Uber Black Drivers
Notice to all Industry Members
All applicants for driver certification must be able to sufficiently speak in the English language to communicate with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries and to make verifiable entries on reports and records (see 52 Pa. Code §§ 1021.4 & 1057.4). Therefore, an application for new driver certification (DR-1) may only be filed upon proving proficiency in the English language.
1. All persons applying for new driver certification must first prove their ability to sufficiently speak in the English Language. English Proficiency examinations will only be administered Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
2. Only after passing an English Proficiency Examination, may a person file a New Driver Certificate Application (DR-1) at the TLD Customer Service Window. The TLD Customer Service Window will only accept the filing of a DR-1 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 Noon.
This process applies to all DR-1 new driver certificate applications, regardless of the classification (taxicab, limousine or dual certification). If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact the TLD at (215) 683-9895 or at TLDAdmin@philapark.org.
NOTE: The TLD will not be administering English Proficiency examinations on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
- DRC Results 12-18-14 Taxi Test
- DRC Results 12-18-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-17-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-16-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-11-14 Taxi Test
- DRC Results 12-11-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-10-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-09-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-04-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-04-14 Taxi Test
- DRC Results 12-03-14 Limo Test
- DRC Results 12-02-14 Limo Test