JANUARY 26TH TAXICAB DRIVER EVENING TRAINING CLASS CANCELED
Due to the impending inclement weather this week, the taxicab driver evening training class scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 26, 2015 through Thursday, January 29, 2015 is CANCELED. This training class is being rescheduled for the week of Monday, February 23, 2015 beginning at 4:00 p.m. each day and ending on Thursday, February 26, 2015. If there are any scheduling issues for the taxicab driver applicants that were scheduled for this week’s class, please contact the TLD Admininstration Department immediately at TLDAdmin@philapark.org or at (215) 683-9895.
A Message to Gegen/Uber Black Drivers
Notice to all Industry Members
All applicants for driver certification must be able to sufficiently speak in the English language to communicate with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries and to make verifiable entries on reports and records (see 52 Pa. Code §§ 1021.4 & 1057.4). Therefore, an application for new driver certification (DR-1) may only be filed upon proving proficiency in the English language. The DR-1 along with all other driver certification forms are located on the “Resources and Forms” page.
1. All persons applying for new driver certification must first prove their ability to sufficiently speak in the English Language. English Proficiency examinations will only be administered Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
2. Only after passing an English Proficiency Examination, may a person file a New Driver Certificate Application (DR-1) at the TLD Customer Service Window. The TLD Customer Service Window will only accept the filing of a DR-1 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 Noon.
This process applies to all DR-1 new driver certificate applications, regardless of the classification (taxicab, limousine or dual certification). If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact the TLD at (215) 683-9895 or at TLDAdmin@philapark.org.
2015 WAV Driver Training Schedule Download
All WAV taxicabs must be operated by a certificated WAV Taxicab driver. The TLD Administration Department is currently accepting no more than 11 WAV Driver Applications (DR-4) on a first-come, first-served basis until the regulatory cap is reached. The DR-4 application is located on the “Resources and Forms” page. The 2015 WAV Driver Training Schedule will be subject to change once the cap is reached. Continue to look back to this website page for current information.
Test results will be posted on the website after 5 p.m. on the date of the test. If you pass the test, you may appear at the TLD Customer Service Window at 2415 S. Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 after 1 p.m. the following business day to finish the process to obtain your driver certificate. If you obtaining a new driver certificate, you must submit the DR-2 Medical Form before a certificate will be issued. Please remember that you only have 3 attempts within 90 days from the date of the application to pass the test and be issued a certificate or it will be voided. You cannot provide any taxicab, WAV taxicab or limousine service in Philadelphia until the proper certificate has been issued to you. All questions concerning driver certification may be directed to TLD Administration at TLDAdmin@philapark.org or by calling TLD Customer Service at (215) 683-9895.
- DRC Results 1-22-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-21-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-20-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-17-15 Limo Test
- WAV DRIVER TRAINING CLASS LIST 1.16.15
- DRC Results 1-15-15 Taxi Test
- DRC Results 1-15-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-14-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-13-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-9-15 WAV Test
- DRC Results 1-8-15 Taxi Test
- DRC Results 1-8-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-7-15 Limo Test
- DRC Results 1-6-15 Limo Test